PHP - Composer - Windows
Okay, you are trying to install composer, and encountered the above error. This error occurred, if your php_openssl.dll is missing or commented in your php.ini.
Steps to resolve:
1. Download php.zip from here (64 bit version). (Other version can be found here: PHP for Windows)
2. Unzip it and copy all the contents inside of uncompressed folder in to the C:\Program Files\php directory. (Create php directory)
3. Add C:\Program Files\php in your environment PATH variable.
4. Download composer and try to install it.
5. If you get the above error, copy the php.ini-development file present in C:\Program Files\php, and rename it to php.ini file.
6. Open the php.ini file.
7. Find the ";extension=php_openssl.dll " then change it to "ext/php_openssl.dll" (removed semi-colon and added ext)
and continue with the installation of composer. It will install successfully.