Friday 11 January 2013

FoxGlove : Firefox + Google by Alex

FOXGLOVE a browser for GOOGLE lovers,

Alex customized the Firefox Portable & integrated his browser with Google Apps.

Alex :-

I found myself running Firefox in two windows: One with Gmail, Google Reader and other webapps, and the other for my casual web wanderings. I read about Chrome's feature that lets you can set up a standalone launcher for any webapp, but I wanted all my apps together in tabs, and I wanted access to all the customization and extensibility of Firefox, but without overhauling my current setup. Then I remembered Asian Angel's howto on running multiple copies of Firefox portable. So, I decided to build a second Firefox install specifically around using Google Apps, one that I could run side-by-side with my regular Firefox browser.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment